FRA Membership Details
Membership of The FRA is inexpensive, easy to apply for and open to all residents of the Forestdale Estate
("individual members") and any members of clubs and associations regularly using the Forum Community
Centre ("group members").
In addition any potential members falling outside of the above two groups can apply for membership ("associate
- they live within a reasonable travelling distance of the centre, and have a general association within the larger
local area within which the estate is situated,and undertake to support and abide by the aims, remit and rules of the
- they are proposed and seconded by two existing members
- their membership application is authorised by the Membership Secretary
There is an initial joining fee of £10 to join the FRA in the first year as well as the first annual membership fee
of £10. After this there is just the £10 annual renewal fee to pay.
You can download an application form, then all you need do is bring in the application form
to the community centre and speak to one of our staff in the members lounge area after midday.
You can also download a membership renewal form
and the current copy of the membership rule booklet.
- play a vital part in contributing and furthering the work of the FRA in providing a catalyst for
improvement on the estate, and advancing the interests of all its residents, services and activities
- receive an annual membership card and an essential members and estate information sheet on payment of
their annual subscription
- can hire the community centre hall for personal, family, social and cultural occasions at reduced members′ rates
- can request and receive individual advice and information and onward referral from FRA committee
members on estate and related issues when contacting the FRA
- have access to the community centre lounge area on production of a current membership card
- can participate in events and activities organised in the community centre for which there may be an
additional ticket price, and some of which may be exclusively for FRA members and their families only
Residents on the Estate who are not individual members of the FRA:
- receive Link magazine distributed to every household four times each year
- have access to a community website
- can participate in a range of activities at the community centre
- can participate in some other FRA organised events and activities in the community centre, some of which
may have a discounted ticket price that does not apply to them, (some may be exclusively for FRA members only)